Remember when the game Trivial Pursuit came out? Yeah, wannabe geniuses all over the globe bought it to prove their knowledge of all things irrelevant to well . . . anything. But it was so much fun that, for a while there, Walmart had to hire extra security for crowd control in the game aisle. So in the spirit of those times I’ve whipped up a little trivia quiz for you. I know, I’ve done this before, but you’re excited about it, aren’t you? Here goes.
1. What’s the name of the editor at The Daily Planet where Superman - um – Clark Kent works?
2. By what other name has Broadway been known?
3. How many eyes are there on a one dollar bill?
4. What is the world’s best selling fragrance for men? (Smells pretty good,too).
5. What popular candy name is derived from the German word for peppermint?
6. Which has more bones, a cat or a human?
7. What seven-year-old was the youngest host ever of Saturday Night Live?
8. In 1912 it became the 48th state admitted to the US. Can you name it?
9. This figure skater was the Only American to come home with a gold medal from the 1968 Winter Olympics. Name?
10. What is the only number that has its letters in alphabetical order?
Answers (You didn’t peek, did you?)
1. Perry White (who hated it when Jimmy called him “chief”)
2. The Great White Way
3. Four – go find a dollar and look
5. Pez (PfEfferminZ)
6. A cat has 230 bones – amazing!Cats win.
7. Drew Barrymore
9. Peggy Fleming – you go girl!
So – how’d you do? Did the genius in you rise up? Well, if not, remember how irrelevant this stuff (usually) is. Ready for a brain teaser now?
I can sizzle like bacon and am made with an egg
I have plenty of backbone, but lack a good leg
I peel layers like onions, but still remain whole
I can be long like a flagpole, yet fit in a hole.
What am I?
Have a great weekend!
Image: Free Digital Photos