Monday, July 28, 2014

Rainy Monday Trivia

Okay, time for a bit of trivia again. It’s pouring down rain here today and if you have “weather” going on where you are you might appreciate this brief distraction. I have many trivia books and I’m pulling these at random. I don’t want you to think I’m some kind of brilliant oracle who just knows this stuff. Oh? There was no danger of that? Okay, then. Here we go.

Did you know –

The first person killed in an airplane accident was Lt. Thomas Selfridge, 26. The pilot was Orville Wright.

The glabella is the space between your eyebrows (who knew)?

Squid is the number one pizza topping in Japan.

You can use potato chips to start a fire (I knew that – not!)

A group of rhinos is called a “crash”

Quiz

1.    This sport bans lefties.
2.    True or false – Any month that starts on a Sunday will have a Friday the 13th.
3.    What presidential daughter had a pony named Macaroni?
4.    If you just made a fillip, what did you do?
5.    Where is the Little League World Series played?

Before I give you the answers here’s a conundrum: Even if you give it to someone else you still get to keep it. What is it?


Answers:

1.    Polo
2.    True
3.    Caroline Kennedy
4.    Snapped your fingers
5.    Williamsport, PA

Conundrum: Your word

There – now go and face your Monday. Have a nice one. 

Image: Free Digital Photos

4 comments:

  1. An interesting bit of fun and frivolity with which to start a chilly July week. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome, Rhonda. Come by often. =0)

      Delete
  2. Alright, you know I can't resist your trivia posts. I got numbers 2 and 3 correct. As for your conundrum question, I guessed "kindness." "Your word" makes more sense.

    Hope you're doing well, my friend! Thanks for the trivia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Janette, I thought you'd chime in. I'm snapping my fingers and hoping you are well, too.

    ReplyDelete