Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November

Okay, I'm inflicting a poem on you again. With the changing of the seasons I get all poetic. I like the way rhyming poetry reads and that's primarily where I go when the mood is on me. I do veer off now and then, but this one's a rhymer. It's short, but I do hope it evokes the month for you. 





November
By Susan Sundwall

November enters unadorned
stripped of her autumn cloak,
with maple leaves and acorns
all scattered near the oak.

And deep within those darkening folds
lay remnants of a golden past,
the dying year and winter’s gall
now coming on a bit too fast.

Then tumbling from her bounteous store
comes seed to wanton earth,
and in the iron winter waits
til’ spring invites re-birth.







Image: Free Digital Photos

6 comments:

  1. Love this and all of your poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Brown BanksNovember 12, 2013 at 9:06 AM

    How do you do it? Simply lovely. Again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jen. Thanks so much for your kind comment. Love it when you hop over and visit!

      Delete
  3. "...deep within those darkening folds." I like that line. :)

    ReplyDelete