Friday, June 27, 2014

A Sneak Peek




I can’t believe the Fourth of July is next week! Can you? The garden is bursting, the grand kids are out of school and my book launch is only about six weeks away. Woot! Woot! So – I thought I’d give you a taste of what my latest book, THE SUPER BAR INCIDENT – A MINNIE MARKWOOD MYSTERY, is all about.

Here’s what my intrepid trio (plus one) are up to.

Minnie has decided to take charge of her life and join a fitness class. There, she encounters some interesting characters, not the least of whom is the instructor. But Minnie’s new direction in life is soon interrupted by smashing glass and a brutal murder, right in her very own apartment complex! Was this a case of mistaken identity or is someone out to get Minnie’s rump – uh – attention? Time to call in the snoop troops. Rashawna, Joel, and their newly acquired puppy, Yappy, are determined to track down the vicious killer.

While mystery shopping at the Lovely in Leather stores in and around Albany, New York, Minnie and Rashawna begin picking up clues. When Joel begins working at the Apple Barrel Farm further suspicions are aroused. Then a hidden recipe is discovered and the apples and granola really hit the fan. Now, if they can get out of their own way long enough, our dream team might even discover who the Chubby Chasers are and why someone wants to destroy a sizzling new diet and exercise venture

Now, doesn’t that sound beyond exciting?? Look for it on August 1 and if you’re in town come to my launch. I’ll  make further announcements as the day draws near. If I had some appropriate music, I’d put it right here. Huh. But that is the cover up there. It’s the sneak peak, not the final version, but you get the idea. I’m grinning.  
 

10 comments:

  1. Jennifer Brown BanksJune 27, 2014 at 7:24 AM

    Congrats, Sue. This is exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep on grinning, Sue! Wonderful news and I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like another winner, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! How wonderful for you. I've been wondering what Minnie and the gang have been up to lately. ;-)

    Good luck with the book launch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Janette! So glad to have you drop by. Yup, Minnie's up to her eyeballs in mystery again. Also have book three going. Thank you for the well wishes. =0)

      Delete