Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday in the Garden

Today I’m thinking of gardens. Ours is going like gang busters and some of the crops, like the peas, are just about done. We’ll rip them out and plant something else maybe more green beans. So with earth caked under my fingernails and a canning pot at the ready, a verse of poetry came to mind and I bothered to find it. To my surprise the whole poem is longer that I’d imagined, but intertwined with my favorite bit are pictures from our garden past and present. I  hope it inspires you.


                          The kiss of the sun for pardon



                       The song of the birds for mirth



                       One is nearer God’s heart in a garden




                      Than anywhere else on earth



The whole poem is speaking of quite a different garden and I urge you to read it. You can find it here, as I did, and think about what it really means. Quite enlightening. 



3 comments:

  1. Lovely. Coincidentally, I'm on the way out to do garden work just now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are ahead of us, apparently. The first zucchinis and jalapenos are juuussst dribbling in.

    Your garden is green and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete