Friday, August 1, 2014

Start August Right

Oh, boy. Here it comes. The end of summer. There’s so much that’s not done yet and so much coming up. Makes me want to curl up with a good book and grab an iced latte. Which puts me in mind of cold things to drink. Like malted milk. A friend was over last week with her granddaughters and we got to talking. She told me her grown kids had no idea what a malted milk was. What??? Is this world coming to? My grandkids know what it is because their grandpa made sure of it. I made some for lunch that day and all the kids loved it. So – here’s how you make one in case you didn’t know.

Chocolate Malted Milk (Shake)

Milk – put some in a blender
Chocolate Ice cream – plop it in with the milk
Malt powder – a couple of tablespoons to  start (find it in the coffee aisle with other powdered drink stuff)
Chocolate syrup – squirt a goodly amount on top of the whole mess

Whirl in the blender then open the top and taste. If it’s too thin add more ice cream. Too thick add more milk. Or chocolate syrup or malt powder.

Pour into tall glasses and use a straw for Heaven’s sake. Tastes much better that way. And if you’re feeling decadent top with whipped cream and a dash of cocoa.

So there ya go. An August treat and Grandpa would approve.




Image: antpkr                                                 Free Digital Photos


5 comments:

  1. Jennifer Brown BanksAugust 1, 2014 at 7:35 AM

    I approve too. Thanks for the recipe and reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit I did not know what a malted milk was. Looks like it's the same thing as a milk shake with malt powder in it. I have never heard of nor seen malt powder. Lol. Not something I grew up with and my friends haven't either, but I will see if I can find some malt powder next time I do the grocery shopping!

    Looks yummy. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do try it Janette. My granddaughters just love them, beg for them with big blue eyes and dimples. Hard for grandma to resits. =0) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I know five males who would approve. Highly, with every single thumb straight up. :D

    ReplyDelete