Friday, October 3, 2014

Recipe Day

Here’s a very neat little recipe I found online or maybe someone posted in on Facebook, I can’t remember. Anyway, it only takes about twenty minutes total and your little ones can help. Perfect with a hot cuppa Joe or a cold glass of milk. I make them right before our two o’clock coffee break. My grandkids love these.

Monkey Bread Muffins (my own name for them)

1 tube crescent rolls
¼ cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon mixed together

¼ cup butter melted with ¼ cup brown sugar – stir in pot over low heat to blend.

Open the rolls and separate pieces. Cut them into small chunks – don’t be too fussy.
Roll in sugar and cinnamon and place in regular size muffin cups. I use 8 of the 12 cups and put a little water in the remaining to balance the pan. Again, don’t be fussy. About 5-6 pieces in each cup – just plop them in.

Drizzle each muffin with some of the butter and brown sugar mixture.

Bake at 350 for ten  minutes. I pop them out of the pan right away. They ARE sticky. Run a knife around the edge and coax them out with a fork onto the plate.

See? How simple is that? And if you want to add some chopped walnuts or tiny bits of apple more power to you. Double the recipe, of course, if you have more eager mouths to please. I suppose you could even drizzle them with frosting if you have a sweet tooth the size of Cincinnati. That's up to  you. 

Enjoy!



Image: Free Digital Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment