Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Transition Recipe

Today the morning air is a bit chilly and that always puts me in mind of the foods of autumn. Like beef stew, roast chicken, lasagna, warm chocolate chip cookies, and – okay – I’ve got to stop or I’ll gain two pounds just thinking of this stuff. But here’s a good transition recipe from my daughter-in-law, Heather. It’s a crockpot delight and has a summery feel, but it could get you into fall quite nicely. Served with rice it’s a keeper.

Island Kielbasa (go ahead and choose your own island – I’m going with Tahiti)

Two kielbasa cut into 1 inch pieces
2 cups catsup
1 cup brown sugar (you can use ¾ if you want it less sweet)
1 can chunk pineapple with juice

Stir them  together in the crockpot and let it cook for about 4 hours.

I made this last night and didn’t have enough catsup. So I used some Peruvian sauce instead. Chili sauce would work to replace part of the catsup, too. I didn’t have rice either so I served it with some leftover parsley potatoes and buttered corn. Yum.

This will serve at least 4 people.




Image: Free Digital Photos

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about fall/winter recipes, too. Must be in the air! Can't wait.

    Beef stew, simmered for hours in a cast-iron Dutch oven with layers of root vegetables...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, beef stew. I have a recipe to die for. Mmm. Thanks for stopping by, Rhonda.

      Delete