Friday, April 18, 2014

Some Friday Things

For those of you who celebrate Easter here are a few things that you may find worthy. First is a poem I wrote years ago. It was a favorite of my mom's.

Then I have two links. One is the powerful "That's My King" by Dr. S. M. Lockridge. The other is a very cool version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah."





Mary Speaks
By Susan Sundwall

Oh, day of awful darkness
when I cried unending tears,
the very thing I dreaded most
now haunted all my fears.

Where could my lovely child be,
my Savior and my Son?
Who sought to wrench his life away;
what foul thing had He done?

With Peter, James and brother John,
I hid myself away;
as all around a cosmic roar
defined the wretched day.

I did not know where He had gone;
my world was torn apart.
Perhaps I’ll only have Him now
in the cradle of my heart.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BhI4JKACUs

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=0E02FMNU



Happy Easter!


Image: freedigitalphotos.net

4 comments:

  1. I can see why your mom loved that poem, Susan. It's right up there with "Mary's Sparrow" to me. You have a gift for seeing through Mary's eyes. Thanks also for the other things you shared. I especially loved that version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah", as I always loved that music but the words of that singer are now truly worthy of it. Thank you and may you and your family have a blessed Easter. Love, Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cindy! Wasn't that Hallelujah version heart rending? Thanks for coming by. You, Rodney, and kitty have a wonderful Easter, too! XXOO

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm glad you found some merit in it, Rhonda. =0)

      Delete